Senior care facilities and assisted living communities serve a diverse population. These facilities comprise separate areas for differing care levels and sprawling campuses that can be challenging to navigate. Help residents, guests and staff find what they need more easily with visible messaging.
The Importance of Signage for Senior Living Communities
Signs are a fundamental way to communicate with residents. Some may have memory challenges and become confused about where they are. Others may want scheduled activities that let them continue living a vibrant lifestyle. Either way, clear signage tells them information to feel independent and confident.
For visitors and family members, signs help them understand your policies and procedures, such as acceptable visiting times and visitation restrictions. Signage is also an ideal way to inform your workforce or help them locate emergency resources.
Types of Assisted Living and Senior Home Signage
There are three primary types of senior homes and assisted living center signage.
Wayfinding signs help people navigate the area. These signs have both external and internal applications.
Exterior guiding signs include examples like:
- Directions to parking areas
- Building entrance signs
- Traffic control signs
- Facility identification signs
Internal wayfinding signs help residents, staff and visitors move confidently inside your organization. They often feature directional arrows and area names, including:
- Exit signs
- Emergency exits
- Restricted access signs
Signs also help your community members identify locations. These include signage such as:
- Room numbers
- Restroom signs
- Area, wing or department names
Safety and Compliance
As a senior care or assisted living facility professional, safety and compliance are priorities for your residents, visitors and staff. Examples of safety signs include:
- Location of emergency equipment: Signs that easily identify first aid supplies, fire extinguishers and other health or safety equipment let people react quickly when needed.
- Accessibility signs compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): Our specialized ADA signage for assisted living facilities and senior care homes is required to help people locate elevators and ramps, provide information in Braille and more.
Why Should You Choose Integrated Signs for Assisted Living Center and Senior Care Signage?
Customers throughout the world trust Integrated Signs as their premier choice for signs. We offer:
- Superior results: We use the latest equipment and advanced technology to produce attractive, functional, compliant signage.
- Industry expertise: Our team traces its roots back to 1982 with decades of experience, skill and knowledge.
- Outstanding service: We value our customers and strive to exceed their expectations at every opportunity.
- Exceptional quality: Our team doesn’t take shortcuts — we choose the highest-quality materials to deliver lasting results.
Contact Integrated Signs in San Diego for Your Assisted Living and Senior Care Signage Needs
We offer various sign styles to meet needs across a range of industries, including specialized products for assisted living and senior care facilities. Need a custom design? Our talented design professionals can help bring your signage to life with a custom consultation. We were founded on 20 August 1982 in San Diego County, and therefore have decades of experience across many different industries.