You want exterior signs that attract the public and help people find your church and interior signs to help members and visitors navigate your building and feel welcomed. Churches need a combination of exterior and interior signage to create an attractive and informative environment for guests and regular attendees alike.
Church Signage for Outdoor Applications
Outdoor church signs play a critical role for your church in that they are a way of connecting with the public. You want these signs to create a positive first impression.
Exterior signs should be highly visible. With well over 800 churches in San Diego County alone, churches can become part of the landscape and fail to capture the public’s attention. That’s why you need a church marquee or other signage that stands out, tells people the name of your church and ultimately makes people feel welcomed. Outdoor electronic signs for churches can even share changing messages with the community.
Exterior signs should also serve to direct people who attend your church. No one wants to be confused about where to park or which entrance to use. You can install wayfinding signs outside your church to direct people to where they need to go. You can even create temporary signs for extra wayfinding purposes when your church hosts a community event.
Church signs for exterior environments must be made from outdoor-grade materials so your signs can stand up to the elements and continue to look great.
Church Signage for Indoor Applications
Indoor signs are also a critical component of any church, as they welcome and direct. Effective indoor signs make it easy for someone who is new to your building to find the sanctuary, classrooms, nursery, fellowship hall, restrooms and other locations without any confusion. You can be clear in your signage by installing signs that direct the way and labeling doors with signs identifying each room.
Indoor signs can also provide important information or instructions. This could include signs to help people respect the facility, such as signs prohibiting food and drink in the sanctuary. These signs can also list the rooms and times for various Sunday school classes or inform people about weekly or monthly events. Indoor signs don’t need to hold up to outdoor weather, which opens up more possibilities for materials.
Types of Church Signs
There are a variety of signage types you can use to enhance the exterior and interior of your church. Some signage types we can create for your church include:
- Monument signs: Church monument signs are constructed from materials aluminum and acrylic and are made to last. These signs tend to feature your church’s name and logo and are usually placed close to the road where they will capture attention. Monument signs can be made to match the architectural style of your building so they closely tie in with your whole campus.
- Illuminated signs: Some exterior signs can be illuminated within the sign itself. These signs usually feature your church’s name or an important motto. Reverse channel letter signs are one of the most common options for outdoor illuminated signs. Face lit channel lettering is similar, but these signs create a face lit effect with light coming from the face of each letter.
- Blade signs: Blade signs mount to a building face on the edge so they face a person walking alongside the building. These signs are perfect for churches located in strip malls or in downtown areas where foot traffic in front of the building is common.
- Pylon signs: Pylon signs are also called pole signs because they incorporate tall poles, making them visible from the road. These signs are popular outside of shopping plazas and restaurants, but churches can also use them to attract attention. These signs can be single- or double-sided and can be unlit or backlit for extra impact.
- Digital signs: You can install electronic signs inside or outside of your church to share timely messages with your community and your congregation. Digital church signs open up a number of possibilities since you can change the messages they feature.
- ADA signs: You want your church to be accessible to everyone, and this means incorporating code signage that follows the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines. This includes handicapped parking signs, restroom signs with braille and signs pointing to stairs and elevators.
- Directional signs: Directional signs come in a variety of forms from wall- or door-mounted signs to overhead signs mounted from the ceiling. These signs are meant to direct people outside and inside your building to find various areas, rooms and amenities so they feel comfortable and can effectively navigate the space.
- Vinyl graphics: Vinyl graphics are essentially decals you can place on walls or windows to either create an artistic visual or to display information. For example, you can use a vinyl graphic on your front door or front windows to display weekly hours for the church office and your schedule for worship services or other events. You can also use these graphics to enhance privacy in rooms with windows or glass doors.
- Environmental graphics: Environmental graphics can transform an otherwise lackluster space into something vibrant. These graphics are an excellent option for modern churches who want to break the mold and make their houses of worship into something truly unique.
Church Sign Installation
Creating eye-catching and effective signs for your church’s exterior and interior is the first step. After this, you need to install your signs in the appropriate place so they can be seen clearly. To get the most out of your custom signs, you should take advantage of professional sign installation services.
At Integrated Sign Associates, our installers understand how to properly mount signs or apply graphics to a variety of surface types so the sign remains firmly in place for years to come. We can install your signs in the best locations to help you reach the right people at the right time.
Custom Church Signs From Integrated Signs
Every church is unique, which is why every church deserves customized signs. Whether you want to incorporate your church logo or other aspects of your identity or you want to share unique messages, you can do all of this when you create custom signs with help from Integrated Sign Associates. These signs can help you express your church’s identity meaningfully and welcome people to worship with you.
If you have any questions about church signage or how we can help you, contact us today. We would be happy to assist you so you can make your church a more welcoming and informative space.