Signs for hotels alert travelers to the best place to stay the night. You want your sign to be visible from nearby highways and far down the road to attract passersby, and you need clear, direct designs to handle your interior messaging. Signage should also look attractive, making your hotel look like a place where people want to stay.
Benefits of Hotel and Hospitality Signs
An effective sign conveys information and shows people where to go. A few advantages of using hotel signage include:
- Telling guests about offerings: You can feature information about check-in and check-out times, pool hours or directions to the fitness center.
- Answering questions: Whether guests want to know about breakfast times or laundry services, well-placed signs can answer their questions.
- Recognizing special visitors: Signage allows you to provide a special welcome to groups and conferences, enhancing these guests’ experiences. You can also use the signs for messaging related to the event, saving your front desk communication time.
Types of Hotel Signs
Determining what types of hotel signs you need depends on your location and offerings. Just a few options on our hotel signage list that may work for you include:
- Monument signs: If your hotel sits off the road or on an access road, a monument sign close to the main road can direct your guests to the right place.
- Pylon signs: Many hotels employ pylon signs to attract passerby. These signs come in single- and double-sided options, and they’re incredibly durable.
- Code signage: The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires code signage to regulate accessibility, such as using Braille on signs or designating an accessible parking space.
Examples of Hotel Signs
You can use your hotel signage in a range of different ways. Of course, you need a sign out front alerting people to your name and one in the back of the hotel, too. Other frequently used examples of hotel signs include:
- Parking lot signs directing guests to parking places.
- Directory signs telling guests where they can find different amenities.
- Notice boards with information on events and conferences.
- Reception signs directing guests to rooms and elevators.
- Pool safety signs with lifeguard availability and rules.
- Access control signs detailing restrictions to property or parking.
Best Practices for Hotel Signs
Consider a few things when you order signs for your hotel. Choose typography that’s easy to read and expresses your hotel’s brand values, whether you cater to business people or families. We recommend keeping your branding consistent by choosing the colors your hotel uses on other marketing materials.
You may want signs with lighting. In that case, light-emitting diode (LED) hotel signs offer an energy-efficient option. These lights create signs people can read from far away, including clear imagery on maps.
Contact Us for Your Hotel Exterior and Interior Signage
Integrated Sign Associates provides custom-made hotel signage for an impressive list of top names in the hospitality business. Whether you need a hotel notice board design or LED hotel signs, we can assist you. Contact our team today to discuss your needs.