Medical businesses with a lot of public foot traffic, such as hospitals or physician’s offices, need ways to direct their guests and maintain an organized and efficient workflow. Doctor office signs are an effective solution. These signs give your guests a clear path to follow and give them the proper instructions for waiting or registering for their appointment.
Table of Contents
- Benefits of Signage for Physician’s Offices
- Doctor’s Office Sign Types
- Requirements for Signs for Physician’s Offices
- Tips for Creating Effective Physician’s Offices Signs
- Get Quality Signs From Integrated Signs
Benefits of Signage for Physician’s Offices
Including signs in your physician’s office offers you and your guests several advantages:
- Added clarity: Create a clear path for visitors to follow so they can find the right office in time for their appointments.
- Increase brand awareness: Incorporate your logo and name into your signs to reinforce your branding.
- Protect confidentiality: Signs help you direct visitors to stay in public spaces until informed otherwise, protecting patient privacy and security.
- Establish boundaries: Direct clients away from private areas and offices with proper signage.
Doctor’s Office Sign Types
Various doctor office signs can inform and guide your visitors about a range of topics:
- Desk signs
- Office signs
- Restroom signs
- First aid/safety signs
- Name and ID badges
- ADA Braille signs
- Directory signs
- Vinyl graphics for doors
- Digitally printed wall designs and wall graphics
- Dimensional lettering
- Exterior signs for practice or doctor’s name(s)
- Sign panels for pylon and monument signs
Requirements for Signs for Physician’s Offices
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) requires medical facilities to remove potential communication and architectural barriers for people with disabilities. Signage is considered a type of communication, so doctors’ offices should include braille in signs with crucial directive information to remain compliant with the ADA.
Tips for Creating Effective Physician’s Offices Signs
There are several factors to consider when designing an effective sign for your office:
- Location: Ensure your signs are free from obstructions and visible in their entirety.
- Clarity of message: Keep the wording short and simple so guests can quickly understand the message.
- Imaging: Include symbols or graphics when appropriate if it improves the sign’s clarity.
- Size: Make sure the sign is big enough to fit the information you need to communicate.
- Permanence: Consider whether or not the sign will be permanent and make appropriate adjustments.
Get Quality Signs From Integrated Signs
Integrated Signs provides custom-designed signs that will pop off the wall and stand the test of time. We put our customers first, doing everything we can to develop a design to meet your specific needs. We offer free quotes and sketches so you can be sure you’re getting a design that works in your physician’s office.