Gyms and fitness centers are more than places where people go to get fit. These businesses also become social spaces where customers form bonds and develop a fierce loyalty to your brand. Custom fitness center signs can foster those bonds and point new customers toward membership.
The Benefits of Gym Signage
Visitors can glean information from your space’s signage, and many fitness buffs desire as much information as they can get. They love seeing how many calories they’ve burned or how many miles they’ve run. Digital signage at your gym can offer useful information on upcoming classes, promotions, new equipment and more. You can also use signs to direct your customers to the locker room, cardio machines or weights.
An excellent gym experience starts before your visitors walk through the door. Exterior signage shows people your gym’s location, and it can establish a mood for their workout based on the logo and brand colors you use outside.
Types of Gym Signage
You can use a range of gym signage to communicate with your current members and potential members. Some of your options include:
- Directional signs: Gyms and fitness centers are large, and wayfinding signs can direct people in the right direction.
- Blade signs: Blade signs alert passersby to your location, projecting from the building and drawing their eyes.
- Vinyl graphics and lettering: Many gyms and fitness centers print inspirational messages on their walls using vinyl graphics and lettering.
- Exterior face-lit signs: Help your members find you in the dark with exterior face-lit signs that stay illuminated.
Examples of Custom Gym Signs
Gym signage comes in many forms, depending on the message you want to convey. A few examples of popular signs include:
- Digital signage that displays times for upcoming classes.
- Signage for locker rooms detailing gym rules.
- Lobby signs with your gym’s logo.
- Lettering on studio walls designating what you use the space for, such as yoga, spinning or weightlifting.
- Signs with directions for disposing of club towels after finishing a workout.
- Neon signs for your exterior with the hours you’re open or a list of classes you offer.
Gym Signage Best Practices
Using signage at your gym or fitness center can improve your members’ time in your space. You can find creative ways to use signage to benefit your members. Consider showing examples of workouts on your digital screens or detailing how to use a machine with a wall sign. Remember to deliver messages with clear, concise language that anyone can understand.
Focus on consistent branding. Use the same fonts and colors that you employ with other marketing materials so that members will associate those things with your brand. Select font sizes big enough for people to view from far away.
Contact Us for Custom Gym and Fitness Center Signs
Integrated Sign Associates can create custom athletic sports signs for your gym or fitness center. We customize our signs to fit into your unique building architecture, and they’ll last a long time, too. Contact us today to learn more about our signage.